A Friendly Welcome
St. Stephen`s United Church
Brief History of our Church
St.Stephen's United Church began in 1910 as a Sunday School in the home of Mrs. Nellie Dearborn.
In 1944, it affiliated with the United Church of Canada and was moved to Simcoe Street North.
In 1947, it was moved to its present location at the northwest corner of Taunton Road and Simcoe St. North, Oshawa. The new building was designated "The North Oshawa United Church."
In 1954, it was renamed "St.Stephen's United Church."
From 1936-1987, Lay Minister, Stephen Saywell served as appointed minister.
Since 1987, our church has been served by the following:
Rev Frazer Lacey
Rev. Susanne Abbuhl
Rev. Scott Boughner
Rev. Ann Foster
Rev Alan Rush
Michelle Hofman (diaconal minister)